[cq_vc_accordion accordionstyle=”style2″ contentcolor=”#333333″ accordiontitle=”Course Overview,Units of Competency,Entry Requirements,Career Outcomes,Tuition Fees,Intake Dates,How to Apply” titlecolor=”#0c9ccc” titlebg=”#ffffff” titlehovercolor=”#ffffff” titlehoverbg=”#0c9ccc” withborder=”withBorder” withbordercolor=”#c1c1c1″][accordionitem]
This course will prepare students to become a Myotherapist specialising in the assessment, treatment and prevention of musculoskeletal conditions to enable them to use clinical skills to location the sources of the symptoms and identify dysfunctions. Dry needling, Cupping and Tens machine are used in conjunction with Myotherapy techniques to treat clients. Underpinning knowledge of Anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics and pathology is required to understand the relationship between the myofascial and also how the muscles and connective tissues relate to other systems of the body.
9 Units of Competency are required for award of this qualification
CHCCOM002 Use communication to build relationships
VU21873 Establish and manage a myotherapy practice
VU21874 Manage health risks in a myotherapy environment
VU21875 Work within a myotherapy framework
VU21876 Perform myotherapy clinical assessment
VU21877 Plan myotherapy treatment strategy
VU21878 Provide myotherapy treatment
VU21879 Provide myofascial dry needling treatment
VU21880 Conduct research relating to myotherapy clinical practice
- Minimum 18 year of age
- IELTS score of 5.5 (Academic) or equivalent
- HLT50307 Diploma of Remedial Massage or equivalent
English Testing is available on campus at no cost. Contact us to make an appointment.
- Myotherapist Practitioner
- Clinic Supervisor
- Clinic Manager
- Work within a large health service
- $13,200 ($2,200 per term) +
- $400 Resource Fee +
- $150 Application Fee (One off & non refundable)
- 28th Jan
- 22nd Apr
- 15th July
- 7th Oct
Contact us for further dates.
- Check you meet the entry requirements for the course.
- Choose your intake preference
- Complete the International Student Application Form (Ensure you include all required documentation)
- Submit your application – Apply online or visit our campus
- Receive your Letter of Offer from MTI
- Accept the Letter of Offer and pay tuition fees
- Receive your CoE (Confirmation of Enrolment)
- Apply for your student visa.
For information about applying for your student visa, please visit the Australia Department of Immigration & Boarder Protection website www.border.gov.au